This past week has gone by fast, and I’m sure the next few weeks will too. Today, we started our last week of basically Spanish review for Lisa, Megan and I and learning a bit for Cara, Rachel and Curtis. Next week we finally get to start other classes. We’re excited. We’ve had a lot of fun lately. We’re taking full advantage of the fact that we have lots of down time and everything here is cheap. We went to the beach last weekend, which cost us about a dollar each… possibly 5-6 each if you include food. This past weekend we went to Cerro Negro, a volcano near Leon. It was really really cool. We went with a tour company. We had a guide. We hiked up the volcano (and I realized how out of shape I really am), and then we sledded down it. I’m not kidding you. We sledded down the volcano. It’s called Ash Boarding. You can either do it like snowboarding or sledding. And you get incredibly dirty. But it was so worth it. We all said we would love to sled down again… if we didn’t have to hike it again. My family laughed at me when I got back home. My mama told me I was a negrita (little black girl). Then she and my sister ordered me to go take a shower. I was very okay with that idea. Even the fact that the water was cold didn’t bother me, in fact it felt amazing that it was cold.
In the afternoon we all met up again and went shopping. We walked around Leon and the Central Park (which has a lot of touristy stands, great for getting gifts for people back home) all afternoon. Then we went to Café Rosita. The only reason I mention this is because the lady there recognized us (which I suppose shouldn’t be too hard since we’re there 2 or 3 times a week and she works at the other coffee place we go to too…oh, and we’re all white). She noticed that Curtis had gotten his hair cut, and she asked me if we were all siblings or just friends. Cara decided that she’s going to count how many times we go to Café Rosita and how many of those times she’s working. It’s our favorite café, so I feel like we’ll be seeing a lot of her around.
I’m definitely looking forward to being done with our current Spanish class and starting the next. We’re all ready for the change next week! Hopefully we can all get used to it and enjoy it. Next week we have one of our class trips, then another the next week. Both are overnight trips to different towns. Then we only have a week before our mid semester break already. It’s weird to think of how fast that will go. We definitely have a lot to do before December! But it’ll be fun, so it’ll be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment